Saturday, November 8, 2008

Newest new member..




Hanna. This little wild ball of grey was found meowing like there was no tomorrow under my deck one stormy Saturday afternoon in late August. We decided to name her after one of the two tropical storms/hurricanes that had been brewing in the Gulf of Mexico that weekend. If she was a girl obviously she would be Hanna and if a boy we were going to name him Gus after Hurricane Gustav. A trip to the vet that Monday confirmed my suspicions that we had a little girl on our hands - I don't try to guess any more because the last few times I did that I ended up with a girl kitty named Howard, a male duck named Lilly and a female goat named Norman ;).



But I'm guessing someone decided I needed another kitty (I already had 2 - Jackson and Alley) and dumped her out here. I haven't seen an adult cat outside around here in months - probably a year - because they seem to be a favorite meal of the coyotes that live on the 500 acres across the road. Needless to say my kitties spend all their time indoors although I could desperately employ a barn cat!

4 comments:

  1. Hee hee ~ I know what you mean! My Son had a "male" hamster that we named "Henry" and then 3 days after we brought him home from the pet store "he" had 10 babies. So, his name was changed to "Little Mama"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Glad someone else can relate =)
    I never changed their names though and it confused so many people! My poor dad could never get it straight in his head that Howard was actually a girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! So cute...Our cat died last year, and I always get nostalgic when I see such cute kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty elleabelle =(!
    I really can't imagine life now without these little furry terrors running around ;)

    ReplyDelete